Liquid Flow-Through VITA 48.4 Cooling Technology in Rugged OpenVPX ATR PlatformEletter Product
VITA 48.4 establishes the mechanical design interface, outline and mounting requirements for 6U OpenVPX liquid-flow-through cooled plug-in modules within associated sub-racks. While the connector layout remains common with VITA 46, VITA 48.4 standard modules are cooled by liquid flowing through an integral heatsink. Quick disconnect coupling assemblies allow fluidic coupling to the chassis manifold.
Elma Electronic’s newest rugged OpenVPX ATR platform is designed to accommodate boards requiring VITA 48.4 LFT (Liquid Flow-Through) cooling. The backplane is designed to handle 300Watts per slot, making it ideal for Liquid Flow-Through (LFT) cooling per VITA 48.4 specifications. “Clockable” guide pins are included at each slot to allow for easier keying (angle rotation) without having to deal with the removal of the backplane from chassis.
- 1 ATR tall short
- Rugged, bolted construction
- Liquid Flow-Through (LFT) cooling compliant to VITA 48.4
- 1.2” pitch 6U 6-slot OpenVPX backplane support 300W/slot
- Configurable front I/O connectors on removable panel
- On/off power switch with guard and LED status indicators
- Filtered power input connector
- Individual card coolant flow rates are adjustable with selectable orifices
- Supports dual VITA 62 power supplies
- VITA 46.11 compliant Shelf manager option
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1275.
Designed for data rates up to 10Gbps, this backplane features eight 6U slots on a 1.2” pitch – from left to right:
- Two VITA 62-compliant power supply slots
- Four 6U slots with apertures (three Payload, one Switch)
- Two 6U Payload slots
Find more details on this and other Elma rugged enclosures on our website.