Ultra-wide band radar systems are generating unprecedented amounts of data and require storage systems that can handle the high bandwidth and what can seem like information overload. In this podcast, Chris Tojeira, Recording Systems Director at Pentek discusses the Department of Defense's current ultrawideband radar requirements, how to capture signal data, PCI Express, FPGA advantages, and latency issues. He also takes a look at the future for signal recording and shares an old Commodore 64 story.
PODCAST: Counter-UAV advancements pull from commercial innovation to dominate the spectrum - PodcastOctober 15, 2020
Counter-Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems are pivotal players on the electromagnetic spectrum. In this podcast, Emma Helfrich, guest host and associate editor with Military Embedded Systems, talks with Ryan Hurt, vice president of business development at Liteye Systems, to discuss the C-UAV systems that equip the U.S. Army. Helfrich and Hurt cover the Electronic Warfare (EW) capabilities, like radar and sensors, that power C-UAV systems and further the idea that innovation is dependent on data processing and intelligent algorithms to reduce the sensor-to-shooter timeline and protect the Army from aerial threats.
Modern battlefields present many complex challenges for Army soldiers, one of which is how to operate in GPS-denied environment. In this podcast, George Hsu, CTO, founder, and board member of PNI Sensor Corp., discusses the challenges in designing sensor solutions for warfighters in these environments like sensor stabilization for moving soldiers and power efficiencies as wel as how PNI leverages artificial intelligence (AI) for their sensor designs. He also describes the perfect magnetic sensor — that will provide longitude and latitude in any environment.
- Military-simulator systems market will be driven by spending in emerging economies, study says
- CAE to acquire L3 Harris Military Training business for $1.05 billion
- Holt Announces World’s Only MIL-STD-1553 DO-254 Certifiable IP Core
- Centerline Avionics Bay on MQ-9A to pioneer AI and JADC2 capabilities
- "Kill TV," decision science, AI, and the Kill Web
- AI suite and data labeling service now offered for national security missions
- AI could get major speed boost from new type of DRAM, research groups say
- BigBear.ai merger aims to use AI and data science to bolster DoD decision making
- DoD supply chain to be protected under cybersecurity program
- Defense Electronics Consortium launches with U.S. DoD award
- Adacore acquires Componolit in move to broaden cybersecurity range
- Trenton Systems continues fortifying already-robust cybersecurity protections in light of Long Hack exposé
- U.S. Navy awards Akima contract worth a potential $113.8 million for ISR, cyber services
- Senseeker Engineering acquires cryogenic test equipment manufacturer SE-IR Corp.
- Payload Mission Data Units for GPS III contract won by L3Harris Technologies
- NETNode IP Mesh Radio variant released by DTC Communications