Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona. Our new website and new URL: MilitaryEmbedded.com are now live. We are very excited. A big thank you to our development team, production team, and editorial staff for bringing our new online home together. Check out some highlights and key categories below and then browse away.
WARFARE EVOLUTION BLOG. Unmanned autonomous fighter planes are the most interesting elements in the advanced kill web, even more intriguing than the manned super-stealthy 6G fighter planes we discussed in previous articles. UCAVs (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles) have the potential to render our enemy’s A2/AD (anti-access/area-denial) strategies completely obsolete. These platforms appear under different names: Loyal Wingman, ATC (Airpower Teaming System), Dark Sword, Taranis, Remote Carriers, nEUROn, and Sidekicks. To understand how they enhance the kill web, we need to look at their specifications and their missions.
Defense funding for unmanned and artificial intelligence (AI) systems is increasing by leaps and bounds, driving the need for computing systems to be smaller, faster, and more compatible. The demand for compatibility and commonality follows the convergence of open architecture initiatives like the Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA), C4ISR/EW [electronic warfare] Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS), and Modular Open Radio Frequency Architecture (MORA), just to name a few.
- Aircraft simulators now linking F-35 pilots with other platforms
- Network-centric avionics capabilities demonstrated by HENSOLDT
- Green Hills Software Extends Multicore Interference Mitigation to Arm Cortex-A72 for DO-178C Level A Applications
- Digital night-vision aid contract for U.S. Navy, Marines awarded to Collins Aerospace
- Unmanned aerial system aboard USV gets sea trial to test intel, EW capabilities
- Heavy UGV can now operate beyond visual line of sight using 5G and 4G
- Multi-domain operations demo held using Gray Eagle ER
- Autonomous sea boats to be produced with BAE Systems, Royal Navy
- AI and machine learning platform contracted by U.S. Air Force
- SOC.OS announced as new BAE Systems cybersecurity venture
- Cyber research and development contract with Carnegie Mellon extended by DoD, has $2.7 billion value
- Cyberhardened mission-command systems for Army vehicles to be supplied by Leonardo DRS
- SDRs from Elbit Systems to be delivered to Swedish army
- Sharklink communications system to be delivered to U.S. Navy
- Small-satellite constellation for USAF launched by L3Harris
- Modular communications contract for expeditionary units awarded to PacStar by DoD