1st Off-the-Shelf Quad-Core LEON 4FT 3U SBCEletter Product
DDC's space-proven Single Board Computer (SBC) product line now includes a compact, high performance (1700 DMIPS, 90 MFLOPS) SWaP optimized 3U SpaceVPX, offering many memory and I/O options, including: SpaceWire, UART, CANbus, I2C, SPI, GPIO, 1553, and Ethernet. The SCS3740 is the first off-the-shelf Quad Core LEON 4FT 3U SBC in a compact form factor – weighing 550 grams, with a low power consumption of only 5 Watts. Since the inception of our Space Microelectronics group, more than 20 years ago, our RAD-PAK® and SBC products have experienced zero failures in space!
The SCS3740 allows DDC to offer significant processing and I/O capabilities without requiring significant power or space from the host platform, hitting a sweet spot for rad-hard system integrators that need to minimize SWaP.
- SWaP Optimized
- Size & weight saving 3U SBC - Only 550 grams
- Low power consumption - 5W typical (3.3V input)
- Many I/O options: (8) SpaceWire ports (200Mbit/s), (2) UART, 2 CANbus, (2) I2C, (1) SPI, GPIO & Ethernet
- Integrated SpaceWire router supports SpaceVPX Control Plane & I2C supports SpaceVPX Utility Plane
- High Reliability & Performance
- Excellent radiation performance: TID > 100krad(Si), Single Event Effects: 1 Upset in 150 years (GEO)
- High performance - up to 1700 DMIPS and 90 Linpack MFLOPS
- Utilizes DDC’s flight proven Rad-Hard Sp-COTsTM memory products: 32GB of error-corrected high-density NAND Flash, 128MB SDRAM, & 4MB EEPROM
- Proven reliability: built on DDC's established pedigree of TRL-9 single board computers
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power and Control solutions (Data Networking Components to Processor Based Subsystems, Space Qualified SBCs and Radiation Hardened Components; Power Distribution, Control and Conversion; Motor Control and Motion Feedback) for aerospace, defense, space, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served these industries as a trusted resource for more than 55 years... providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability, and performance.