Embedded systems applications increasingly call for rugged computer boards that can withstand shock, vibration, and temperature extremes. Diamond Systems integrates a complete suite of rugged features into our boards to address these challenges. That’s why for 30 years our boards have been chosen for use in land, sea, and air vehicles as well as a wide range of transportation, medical, and industrial applications.
- Thicker PCBs (.093” / 2.4mm nominal vs. .062” / 1.6mm nominal) provide increased stiffness that helps prevent solder joint failure on large, high-ball-count BGAs.
- Latching I/O connectors provide reliable cable connections without the use of messy and time-consuming adhesives and also enable easier disassembly and service.
- Integrated heat spreaders provide more efficient heat dissipation and cooler operating temperatures, leading to higher MTBF.
- Soldered memory and rugged RSODIMM™ modules improve resistance to shock and vibration.
- The use of wide temperature or over-specified components throughout the design adds to long-term reliability. Products are tested and qualified for -40/+85oC operation.
- 2-in-1 CPU + DAQ design provides the functionality of 2 boards in 1 to reduce system size and weight.
Need something special? We can customize our standard products to fit your application or design a full-custom single-board computer from scratch using our extensive library of I/O technologies. Take advantage of our 30 years of experience in developing embedded computing solutions that emphasize ruggedness, high feature density, and extended lifecycles, plus a solid engineering base and manufacturing supply chain that can support you for the life of your program.