Extreme Engineering Solutions' XPedite7683 is an Intel® Xeon® D-1500 Processor-Based 3U VPX Module with 32 GB of DDR4, XMC Support, and SecureCOTS™Eletter Product
The XPedite7683 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a secure, high-performance, 3U OpenVPX™, single board computer based on the Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family of processors. Providing up to 16 Xeon®-class cores, up to 32 GB of DDR4-2133 ECC SDRAM, and XMC support, the XPedite7683 is an optimal choice for computationally heavy applications requiring maximum data and information protection.
XPedite7683 is one of many of Extreme Engineering Solutions' high-performance, embedded single board computers.
- 3U VPX (VITA 46) module
- Compatible with multiple VITA 65 OpenVPX™ slot profiles
- Supports Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family processors (formerly Broadwell-DE)
- Up to 16 Xeon®-class cores in a single, power-efficient SoC package
- 4-, 8-, or 12-core SKUs available with native extended temperature support
- Up to 32 GB of DDR4-2133 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- XMC site with a x8 PCIe interface and rear I/O support
- Ruggedized Enhanced Design Implementation (REDI) per VITA 48
- Designed with SecureCOTS™ technology to support enhanced security and trusted computing
- Microsemi SmartFusion®2 SoC with 1 GB DDR3-667 ECC SDRAM and 32 MB SPI flash
- Up to 256 GB of NAND flash
- Two x4 PCI Express backplane fabric interconnects
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Four SATA ports and two USB 2.0 ports
- One XMC (J16) SATA port for secure storage (XPort6105)
Ideal Solution for the Demands of Secure Computing
The XPedite7683 integrates SecureCOTS™ technology with a Microsemi SmartFusion®2 security SoC for hosting custom functions to protect data from being modified or observed, and provides an ideal solution when stringent security capabilities are required.
The Microsemi SmartFusion®2 can control, intercept, and monitor the Xeon® D subsystem, implement penalties, and interface to the system through GPIO directly connected to the VPX backplane. Circuit board enhancements and optimized Two-Level Maintenance (2LM) metalwork provide additional protection to the physical hardware.
Ample I/O for a Diverse Range of Applications
The XPedite7683 maximizes network performance with two 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. It accommodates up to 32 GB of DDR4-2133 ECC SDRAM in two channels and up to 256 GB of onboard SATA NAND flash in addition to numerous I/O ports, including USB, SATA, and RS-232/422/485 through the backplane connectors.
The XPedite7683 provides additional expansion capabilities with an integrated XMC site, which includes a x8 PCIe connection to the Intel® Xeon® D processor and X12d I/O mapped directly to the VPX backplane connectors.
About Extreme Engineering
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and manufactures Intel® and NXP (formerly Freescale)-based single board computers, networking products, storage products, power supplies, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com, call +1 (608) 833-1155, or email us at [email protected].