The standards currently being defined by the Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Consortium will deliver many clear benefits to system integrators designing embedded sensor-processing systems. The SOSA Technical Standard will define common pinouts that foster and ease interoperability. Greater system flexibility will come from the ability to place a variety of module types into the same system slot, while convergence on common interconnect technologies (such as backplane Ethernet) will ease the integration of modular systems.
Articles 1 - 5
February 05, 2021
April 12, 2019
February 09, 2018
As we start a new year, it is customary to look ahead at emerging technologies, both evolutionary and revolutionary. But as the calendar changes, it is also a time to reflect on the past and where we are today. Although recent years have produced few entirely new platforms designed from the ground up, our industry continues to deliver higher levels of performance and new capabilities within existing systems.
October 17, 2017
Today's embedded systems often include several counters and clocks that keep track of time, and ensuring that they are accurate - and synchronized across multiple devices - can be critical. For example, synchronized clocks can be used to partition shared resources (such as network links) in distributed systems with critical real-time requirements.
June 14, 2016
Designers of next-generation high-performance embedded computing (HPEC) solutions for demanding intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems applications got a boost from the introduction of Intel's multicore Xeon D system-on-chip (SoC) processor earlier in 2016. This device provides as many as 16 cores in the same power footprint as earlier four-core devices and features the rugged ball-grid-array (BGA) packages and extended temperature range needed for deployed applications.
Articles 1 - 5
- Centaur unmanned ground vehicle order for U.S. military totals $190 million
- MQ-4C Triton sense and avoid capabilities for to undergo advancements
- MPU5 radios to equip V-BAT VTOL unmanned aircraft for Navy program
- Simplifying the integration of Assured PNT with CMOSS/SOSA-aligned solutions
- Praetorian integrated sensor system to protect Eurofighter/Typhoon fleet
- Integrating a secure, tactical, Type 1 hypervisor on an OpenVPX SBC
- LITENING color targeting pods by Northrop Grumman to equip F-16s
- Radio frequency and microwave company NSI-MI Technologies acquired by AMETEK
- Cyber tools and solutions in development for USMC cyberspace command
- Cyber task order worth $618 million for U.S. intelligence community garnered by Parsons Corporation
- Retlif Testing Laboratories Leading the Way to NIST 800-171 Certification
- Cybersecurity contract with AFRL signed with Xage Security intends to protect flightline ops
- Per Vices Releases Cyan EC SDR – with 64 DSP channels
- Military overmatch will increasingly hinge on superior edge computing, study says
- U.S. Navy grants JAG connectivity contract to Lumen Technologies
- Per Vices Named one of the Top 100 Defense Companies in Canada