FPGA-based Data Acquisition Made Easy with ModulesEletter Product
The capabilities of sensors and sensing systems have grown considerably in recent years, making data acquisition (DAQ) systems increasingly complex as the amount of data flowing and the processing required in these systems multiplies. FPGA devices are perfectly suited to high performance DAQ because of their flexibility, configurability, performance, and parallel processing capabilities. Data ingress and pre-processing with FPGAs is unmatched with any other technology.
From extremely sophisticated research-grade metrology to cutting-edge LIDAR systems, Opal Kelly modules and the FrontPanel SDK allow our customers to focus on their core competency to leap ahead of the competition and stay on the bleeding edge. Engineers leverage FrontPanel, relying on a proven system for professional-grade USB connectivity.
The XEM7360 Kintex-7 based FPGA module offers a turnkey SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host interface using Opal Kelly's FrontPanel SDK. System designers can build fully-operational prototype and production designs quickly by integrating this device into their product. From multi-sensor aggregators to high-speed JESD-204B data acquisition and software-defined radio, the XEM7360 provides multiple interfaces to manage data ingress and egress with the flexible and efficient power of FPGA processing to offload host processors.
XEM7360 Product Features
- Xilinx Kintex-7 XC7K160T-1FFG676C or XC7K410T-1FFG676C
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface (Cypress FX3) for configuration and data transfer
- Measured performance over 340 MiB/s
- 2-GiB DDR3 with 32-bit data bus
- Low-jitter 200 MHz clock oscillator
- Low-jitter 100 MHz clock oscillator (Gigabit Transceiver Reference)
- 193 user I/O including GCLK pins
- 8 Gigabit Transceivers and 3 reference clock pairs
- On-board sensors for real-time voltage, current, and temperature monitoring
- FrontPanel SDK: Complete Application Programmer's Interface (API) in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, and Java
Additional Product Information - https://opalkelly.com/products/xem7360/
Visit opalkelly.com to see our full line of FPGA modules for data acquisition and other FPGA applications.