Customization of power supplies provides a distinct yet obvious advantage to the design engineer to meet performance specifications. Whether it be saving a card slot in a chassis, reducing the number of power supplies required, or addressing a unique EMC requirement, customization can reduce total system cost and technical risk to put increased capabilities rapidly into the hands of the warfighter. It also provides a pathway to support the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) open-architecture standards. When approached strategically, customization can be a cost-effective and low-risk approach to address requirements.
Articles 1 - 2
September 09, 2020
March 30, 2020
As the military-electronics industry continues to transition toward commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, established standards, and modular designs, the need for tailored solutions remains – there is a middle ground. In this, Part 1 of a two-part blog series, the benefits and drawbacks of custom parts are discussed.
Articles 1 - 2
- Next Generation of Industry-Leading 3U VPX FPGA Board Designed to Align With SOSA Technical Standard
- Epiq Solutions Announces Sidekiq VPX400, a Multi-Channel, Phase Coherent RF Transceiver Solution in a Single 3U VPX Form Factor Aligned to SOSA Technical Standards
- Joint STARS radar system for E-8C fleet to undergo modification work
- Emerging threats drive RF and microwave component design trends for electronic warfare
- AI and ML performance to be boosted with ruggedized storage devices
- Top 10 military AI stories of 2020
- AI-powered air-to-surface systems in development under Rafael contract
- AI in government calls for more coordinated approach and leveraging partnerships, forum attendees assert
- Cybersecurity market for defense will reach $51.59 billion by 2025, study projects
- Cyber resiliency for naval legacy systems goal of Shift5 research contract
- Cyber offense the best defense for military organizations, study says
- Cyber-intelligence platforms to see investments as cybersecurity threats evolve
- Hardware win for Abaco Systems to support Space Force tactical satellite communication program
- Rugged Ethernet switch selected to equip Canadian Armored Combat Support Vehicle
- Seamless integration and management of all telemetry range assets in an intuitive user-friendly interface!
- Vehicular tactical computers to be supplied to RNLA by Elbit Systems