Data, Power & Signal in a Lightweight, Space-Saving DesignEletter Product
The trend toward miniaturization continues to drive the design of interconnects for today’s soldier-worn and defense applications. At 71% weight and 52% size of standard military-grade connectors, the MKJ family of mini-circular connectors provides similar electrical and mechanical characteristics as larger and heavier connectors, but in a smaller form factor.
Bringing together a unique combination of design, functionality and flexibility, Cannon’s MKJ Connectors excel in delivering proven and reliable solutions that perform even in the harshest environments. Cannon MKJ Connectors come in a variety of coupling methods–UNC thread, double start, triple start, bayonet and breakaway, in addition to diverse contact options from rear-release crimp, PC tail or solder cup. The MKJ Series comes with rear accessory threads or integral band platform for direct attachment of cable shield and overmold.
MKJ’s versatility, performance and reliability for high-speed data, power and signal transmission enables unparalleled functionality for wide range of devices and platform as including hand-held radios, manpack radio, military ground systems and GPS.
Key Features & Benefits
- 71% weight and 52% size reduction without the loss of reliability*
- Available with rear-release crimp, PC tail or solder cup contacts
- Fully intermateable with other miniature circular connectors on the market
- Field repairable & maintainable, allowing for quick fixes, cleaning and reconnections
- Shells and jam nuts in aluminum alloy or corrosion-resistant stainless steel (AMS-QQ-S 763)
- Up to 2,000 mating cycles, providing excellent durability with sustainable plating construction materials
- Environmentally sealed with fluorosilicone for the front interfacial seal & rear wire sealing grommet
- Custom cable solutions including overmolds for military requirements in harsh environments