Ultra-Compact Ethernet Switch Module Enables Rugged Solutions in Space-Limited ApplicationsEletter Product
Diamond Systems’ EPSM-10GX is an ultra-compact Ethernet switch module offering 24 10/100/1000Mbps copper ports + 2 10Gbps SFI ports. Its small size and switching technology make it the perfect choice for creating custom Ethernet switch solutions in a variety of space-demanding applications, such as drones, ground and underwater vehicles, and robots.
EPS-10GX is a building block for Level 2+ or Level 3 Ethernet switching solutions. It can be used as a macro-component and installed on a customer-designed carrier board or purchased as part of a complete off-the-shelf board-level solution from Diamond, including a carrier board and heat sink or heat spreader. Development kits with technical design and schematic information are available to assist engineers designing the module onto a custom carrier board.
The module’s Ethernet switching technology is almost fully encapsulated on the module; for many applications, only the "last inch" of magnetics and I/O connectors is required to complete the circuit, enabling easy development of custom form factor Ethernet switch solutions. View the block diagram.
The EPSM-10GX Ethernet switch module features:
- Smallest off the shelf Ethernet switch module in its class at only 84mm x 55mm / 3.3 x 2.2” (same size as COM Express Type 10)
- 24 Gigabit copper ports + 2 SFI (10Gbps) ports
- Both layer 2+ switching and true layer 3 routing capability, depending on the selected embedded software package
- COM-like module uses carrier board to fan out desired features – ports, power, and status LEDs
- All firmware is built in, enabling immediate operation without any development effort; software customization services also available
- Heat sink and heat spreader thermal solutions available
- Rugged design with 50% thicker PCB and -40°C to 85° operating temperature range
While the EPSM-10GX switch module provides a building block for custom solutions, it is also core to two rugged, off-the-shelf Ethernet switch solutions from Diamond Systems, the EPS-12000-CM and the EPS-24G2X.
EPS-12000-CM is a managed Layer 2+ or Layer 3 Ethernet switch module offering 12 10/100/1000Mbps copper twisted pair ports in the ultra-compact COM Express Mini form factor (84 x 55mm / 3.3 x2.2in). It is ideally suited for on-vehicle, military and other harsh environment applications where space is at a premium. This switch consists of the EPSM-10GX module mounted on a same-size carrier board with latching connectors. Both heat sink and heat spreader options are available.
EPS-24G2X is a managed Layer 2+ or Layer 3 Ethernet switch module offering 24 10/100/1000Mbps copper twisted pair ports and 2 10Gbps SFI ports accessed via SFP+ sockets. The EPS-24G2X consists of the EPSM-10GX switch module mounted on a carrier board designed in the industry-standard “3.5 inch” form factor (4.00 x 5.75”). The standard cooling method is a low-profile heat sink.
Both the EPS-12000-CM and EPS-24G2X are part of the rugged SabreNet family of switch solutions targeting rugged vehicle and military applications with MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461 compliance.
Diamond Systems Corporation
Sunnyvale, California 94086