Military Embedded Systems

F-35 flight services in U.K. garners $102 million contract modification for Lockheed Martin

News

December 29, 2020

Lisa Daigle

Assistant Managing Editor

Military Embedded Systems

F-35 flight services in U.K. garners $102 million contract modification for Lockheed Martin
U.S. Air Force photo.

BETHESDA, Md. The U.S. Navy has awarded Lockheed Martin a two-year contract modification worth $101.5 million to perform F-35 Lightning II aircraft sustainment and day-to-day flight support work for the British defense ministry.

According to a report from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), this most recent contract award modifies the scope of a previously awarded pact to include daily flight support services that fulfill the requirements of the U.K.’s air-system national capability enterprise. 

Under the terms of the contract modification, 90% of the work will take place in Samlesbury, England, with the remaining 10% being done in Texas and Florida.

The DoD expects the work under the contract will be concluded in December 2022.

Featured Companies

U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)

1400 Defense Pentagon
Washington, DC 20301-1400
www.defense.gov

Lockheed Martin

6801 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/index.html
Categories
Radar/EW - SIGINT