25 Gb OpenVPX & SOSATM Optical and RF Backplanes from ElmaEletter Product
Elma’s newest backplanes aligned to SOSA feature 6 or 8 slots, each with 25 Gb throughput
As The Open Group® Sensor Open Standards Architecture™, or SOSA™ initiative continues to move towards completion, Elma Electronic Inc. has added two 3U backplanes to its growing family of products aligned to Snapshot 3 of the SOSA Technical Standard. Available populated with or without VITA 67.3 connectors for timing and RF connectivity, the 6-slot and 8-slot backplanes provide the foundation for complex, high speed signal processing systems.
The backplanes incorporate the latest for precision network timing plus slot profiles for SBCs, switches, radial clocks and expansion. All data paths support high-speed signals.
Either used as configured or customized to meet specific system needs, the SOSA aligned backplanes offer considerable design flexibility. The extensible, modular design enables a wide range of slot counts and connection configurations.
Elma’s products aligned to the SOSA technical standard strive to follow the defense industry’s hardware and software convergence initiatives per the DoD’s convergence initiative as laid out in the Modular Opens Systems Approach (MOSA) mandate.
- Support for VITA 66.4 optical, 67.1 RF and 67.3 RF/Optical modules
- Designs supporting 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4 connectivity
- Radial clock slot for IEEE 1588 precision timing protocol and network synchronization
- Many power and ground designs available standard
- Designed and manufactured in the US