PRODUCT OF THE WEEK: Annapolis Micro Systems’ 100Gb Ethernet SOSA aligned, 3U OpenVPX Development KitSponsored Story
April 25, 2022
This week’s product, the Annapolis Micro Systems’ WILD 100 3U OpenVPX Development Kit, is aligned with the Open Group’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Technical Standard and is 100Gb Ethernet capable. Made in the USA, the kit is designed from the ground up to economically speed development of electronic warfare (EW) system applications.
With SOSA Reference Architecture, Edition 1.0 published, this commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) benchtop platform is timed to facilitate the rapid development and testing of systems that are aligned with this standard.
The stock kit includes a 3U Chassis, Backplane, secure Chassis Manager, FPGA Board with Gen 3 RFSoC Mezz Card, 100Gb Ethernet switch, single board computer (SBC), VITA blocks, and a MIL-DTL-38999 cable. A rugged ATR version will be available soon.
The system is front-loading and air-cooled system with conduction-cooled boards. The I/O-intensive single board computer leverages an Intel Xeon D-1559 processor, has 32G DRAM and features 60GB M.2 SSD/Linux – Standard. The kit has seven 3U OpenVPX slots with SOSA aligned backplane profiles:
- One 14.6.11 payload
- Three 14.6.11 empty payload (available for expansion)
- One 14.2.16 I/O-intensive SBC
- One 14.4.14 100Gb Ethernet switch
- One VITA 62 power aupply – 12V-Heavy
It also has 25 Gbps Line Rates on Data and Expansion Planes:
- 25/40/100Gb Ethernet
- SDR/DDR/QDR/EDR Infiniband
- Gen 3/4 PCI Express
- Custom protocols with as many as 25Gbps per lane
- SOSA-aligned and VITA 46.11 compliant
- Xilinx UltraScale+ ZU5EG MPSoC running Linux for CHmC
- Processing Subsystem (PS)
- Programmable Logic subsystem (PL)
- Integrated JTAG access/control from Chassis Manager to each slot
- External JTAG connection with SW selectable multiplexing from each slot
- Xilinx JTAG over ethernet via Chassis Manager
- One Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA (XCVU7P)
- One Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC EV Motherboard Controller (XCZU7EV)
- VITA 46.11/SOSA IPMC Support
- Gen 3 RFSoC Card mounted via WILD FMC+ (WFMC+) next generation IO site
100Gb Ethernet Switch
- Separate Data and Control plane switches and control processors
- As many as ten 40/100Gb and eight 1/10/25Gb Ethernet ports
- 40/100Gb Ethernet Data Plane Switch
- 1/10/25/40/100Gb Ethernet Control Plane Switch
- Two Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Motherboard Controller (XCZU5EG)
- Input power is 28VDC per MIL-STD-704F
- VITA 66.5C and VITA 67.3C for payload slots
- Integrated ultra-low skew AUXCLK/REFCLK radial distribution
- Four MIL-DTL-38999 SOSA-aligned circular connectors with 19 RF connections, and one MIL-DTL-38999 Breakout Cable
- LED Status Indicators
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
Standard application development support is delivered with all systems. There is also an optional full board support package (BSP) for the Chassis Manager. This BSP enables customization if needed of Zynq PS or PL and provides fast and robust HDL-based application development environment.
- To view the Annapolis SOSA Aligned Ecosystem, click here.
- To view the 100Gb Ethernet SOSA Aligned Demo, click here.
- To view the Annapolis line of OpenVPX Systems, click here.
- For sales information, click here.