OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. March 17, 2021 -- VITA, the trade association for standard computing architectures serving critical embedded systems industries, announced that Dean Holman has accepted a position as VITA VP and Assistant Executive Director, effective March 1, 2021.
Articles 1 - 9
March 18, 2021
April 19, 2017
In January, Embedded Tech Trends 2017 was held at the wonderful Bourbon Orleans Hotel in the heart of the New Orleans French Quarter. Bordered by Bourbon Street to the west with Jackson Square and the mighty Mississippi River to the east, the attendees had easy access to the sights and sounds of the true essence of New Orleans (NOLA).
November 30, 2016
Trend predictions during an election year are extremely challenging, especially in the circus election that is going on in the United States right now. By the time you read this, it will all be over, and there is a good chance that I may be headed to Australia for a few years! Here goes my attempt to share a few highlights for what developments I expect to unfold in the market next year.
May 03, 2016
Designers creating the next generation of embedded defense systems face several challenges getting their solutions off the ground. The newly launched Modular Open Radio Frequency Architecture (MORA) aims to enable the development of true open standards-based radio frequency and microwave modules and small form factor subsystem designs to reduce costs, foster commonality, and enable new communications capabilities.
August 12, 2009
The defense market is among the brightest stars in the bleak economic downturn, and specifications are guiding the way.
March 23, 2009
Designing embedded computer systems is always difficult. Innovative technologies with increasing performance levels and smaller packaging present new obstacles every day. Fortunately, suppliers are making design easier by promoting the concept of a Platform-Oriented Architecture (POA), which provides a way to move up the supply chain and make the design and integration efforts go more smoothly. Just as politicians use their platforms to kick-start their programs, POAs provide a launching pad for embedded devices. So the question is, what should you know about platforms before starting your next project?
February 18, 2009
For the first time in recorded history, we have a President in the Oval Office who has a working knowledge of the technology that is engrained in our lives. President Obama knows how to use a computer, send e-mail, and is addicted to his infamous Blackberry. But what is a President who somewhat depends on technology to do in this time of concern with computer security?
April 02, 2007
Is the DoD doing enough to enable standards in embedded computing?
October 30, 2005
Most embedded electronic hardware components come with a standard product warranty. If a board fails, you contact the supplier, arrange a repair or exchange, ship it to the repair center, and await the repaired or replaced product. This is a rather rou...
Articles 1 - 9
- Supersonic UAV concept to aid in USAF pilot training
- Teleoperated robotic system from Sarcos Defense wins additional testing contract from U.S. Navy
- MOSA approach to be incorporated into Gray Eagle ER UAS
- RedTail Delivers LiDAR System to DoD’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal Community
- Missiles and missile-defense systems market to reach $52.3 billion by 2031, study says
- Sensor development goal of Hensoldt and QinetiQ partnership
- Radar threat trainer/simulator from Lockheed Martin gets $80.66 million contract addition from U.S. Air Force
- Times Microwave Systems Introduces PhaseTrack Low Smoke Microwave Assemblies
- Data analysis task order won by CGI for DIA intelligence processing
- Virtual reality architecture developed for Army by Charles River Analytics
- Amphibious version of C-130J aircraft in the works for the U.S. Air Force, built using VR and AI modeling
- CTI to provide software and multi-domain analysis for manned and unmanned vehicles
- Fischer Connectors Showcases New Soldier Connectivity as Key Design Enabler to Address the Revolution in Military Affairs
- GPS devices for remote, contested environments get test with U.S. Army
- Abaco Systems announces security upgrades to switch management software
- General Dynamics to demo multi-domain enabling tech at AUSA 2021