Extreme Engineering Solutions' XPand6227 is an Intel Xeon D-1500 Family Processor-Based Rugged Small Form Factor (SFF) COTS System with 14-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch & Router with Cisco IOSEletter Product
The XPand6227 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a true Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) rugged system based on the Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family (formerly Broadwell-DE) of processors and a Gigabit Ethernet switch optionally hosting an XPedite5205 Cisco IOS® Gigabit Ethernet Embedded Services Router. With a compact design, the XPand6227 maximizes processing and networking performance while providing a SWaP-optimized alternative to traditionally larger slot-based systems; it is an actual Small Form Factor (SFF) system based on COTS 3U VPX modules.
XPand6227 is one of many of Extreme Engineering Solutions' high-performance, rugged embedded computing systems.
- 11 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet switch ports
- Three 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet router ports
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet SBC ports
- Includes one XPedite7672 Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family-based 3U VPX SBC
- Includes one XChange3013 Gigabit Ethernet switch with Layer 2/3 management
- Includes one XPedite5205 Cisco IOS® Gigabit Ethernet Embedded Services Router (optional)
- XPedite5205 is NIST FIPS 140-2 Overall Level 1 validated on certificate #2242 and NIAP Common Criteria certified
- Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing management with extensive IEEE protocol and IETF RFC support (optional)
- VICTORY Infrastructure Switch and Router support (optional)
- Supports one removable memory module
- Small Form Factor (SFF) sub-½ ATR system
- Conduction- or convection- cooled chassis
- Integrated 28 VDC power supply
- MIL-STD-461E/F, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704F qualified
- Environmentally sealed
- Circular connector support
Ideal Solution for the Demands of Secure Computing
The XPand6227's first slot supports the XPedite7672 Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family-based 3U VPX SBC. The XPand6227's second slot supports the XChange3013 3U VPX Gigabit Ethernet switch. The XChange3013 can be configured as a fully managed Layer 2 switch or Layer 3 router. The XChange3013 delivers full wire-speed across all of its ports and supports jumbo packets up to 12 kB. It supports IPv6, Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), and a comprehensive set of IETF RFCs and IEEE protocols. The XChange3013 optionally supports compliance with the VICTORY specification as an Infrastructure Switch and Router.
The XPedite5205 Cisco IOS® Router XMC can optionally be installed on the XChange3013 to provide highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes. The system supports a memory module bay to host a removable SATA Solid-State Drive (SSD) flash memory module.
Fully Ruggedized, Deployable Design
The XPand6227 supports the rear I/O from the installed VPX modules with two 130-pin circular connectors. This fully ruggedized system is designed to meet the rigorous standards of MIL-STD-810 and DO-160, while integrating the latest power-saving and performance-enhancing technology.
The heat from the internal conduction-cooled modules is conducted to sidewall heat exchangers, where it is dissipated to the ambient environment by convection cooling or to an attached cold plate by conduction cooling. The system includes an integrated MIL-STD-704 28 VDC power supply and MIL-STD-461 EMI filtering.