SCOTTSDALE, Arizona. Our new website and new URL: MilitaryEmbedded.com are now live. We are very excited. A big thank you to our development team, production team, and editorial staff for bringing our new online home together. Check out some highlights and key categories below and then browse away.
WARFARE EVOLUTION BLOG. Unmanned autonomous fighter planes are the most interesting elements in the advanced kill web, even more intriguing than the manned super-stealthy 6G fighter planes we discussed in previous articles. UCAVs (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles) have the potential to render our enemy’s A2/AD (anti-access/area-denial) strategies completely obsolete. These platforms appear under different names: Loyal Wingman, ATC (Airpower Teaming System), Dark Sword, Taranis, Remote Carriers, nEUROn, and Sidekicks. To understand how they enhance the kill web, we need to look at their specifications and their missions.
Defense funding for unmanned and artificial intelligence (AI) systems is increasing by leaps and bounds, driving the need for computing systems to be smaller, faster, and more compatible. The demand for compatibility and commonality follows the convergence of open architecture initiatives like the Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA), C4ISR/EW [electronic warfare] Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS), and Modular Open Radio Frequency Architecture (MORA), just to name a few.
- RF/Bluetooth COVID-19 contract-tracing tool gets nod from U.S. Navy
- Software-defined NS50 radar to equip the Belgium and Netherlands navies
- Explainable AI to be leveraged by Intelligent Artifacts for sensor fusion research
- PICMG Announces Officers for 2021 - 2022 Term
- AI-based, open source intelligence company SAIL LABS acquired by HENSOLDT
- AI-powered battlefield tools from Elbit Systems will supply British armed services
- AI-powered cybersecurity system for drones deployed by SparkCognition and SkyGrid
- AI algorithms and predictive maintenance to equip Milrem Robotics' new Type-X RCV
- Cybersecurity solutions goal of U.S. Army task order with General Dynamics
- Cyber pact between TT Electronics and Thales strives for security now plus product development
- Cybersecurity market for defense will reach $51.59 billion by 2025, study projects
- Cyber resiliency for naval legacy systems goal of Shift5 research contract
- RF-sensing satellites successfully in orbit, will feed unclassified data to analysts, HawkEye 360 reports
- Horizon31 introduces the MobileMesh Radio
- Antenna technology for Space Force SATCOM demoed by L3Harris
- Hardware win for Abaco Systems to support Space Force tactical satellite communication program